The Rogier family has survived week one as a family of four. We have had many visitors this week to see Grant. My mom stayed most of the week to help out with Brenna and things around the house while I adjusted to life as a nursing mom again. Alex was able to stay home with us on Monday and Tuesday, but he returned to work on Wednesday so he could save the rest of his vacation for later in the year. My sister and her two boys came down Tuesday as did my dad. They ended up taking Brady and Brenna to Chuck E. Cheese on Tuesday night. They wore the kiddos out. Then on Wednesday, they went to the Evansville Zoo with Devin and Matthew Alvey. A great day was had by all. Bob and Trish, my in-laws, have been to visit, as have Diane and Kevin Alvey.
Our neighbors have been great. Two of them have brought meals since we have been home, which was an absolute blessing. It allowed me to not stress about fixing dinner between nursing sessions this past week. Thanks to the Braggs & the Crowleys! Tara also brought us a meatloaf that we have in the freezer for next week. My mom also cooked an excellent meal one night, so we have eaten like kings for the last week.
Grant had his one week check up on Friday. He has lost the total of one pound, and unfortunately, my milk supply doesn't seem to be satisfying him...he is such a big boy I guess. Therefore, we have already started supplementing with some formula. We will see how long I can keep up with him, and then he will have to be transitioned to formula before I head back to work. Frustrating to me, but I am having to roll with the punches this time.



No comments:
Post a Comment